The Aughrim and Ballinasloe Group of Churches comprises six active churches (Aughrim, Glan, Woodlawn, Ardrahan, Ballinasloe and Ahascragh) and is part of the Diocese of Clonfert & Kilmacduagh, which in turn forms part of the Diocese of Limerick and Kilalloe. The Bishop, the Rt. Rev. Trevor Williams resides in Limerick.
Ardrahan Church, built in 1809 stands beside the main Galway to Limerick Road in the village of Ardrahan. The church was closed for a number of years due to falling numbers but was re-opened mid-1996 and has been extensively restored since then. The Rector, Rev. George Flynn resides in Aughrim. More information on services is available from www.aughrim.clonfert.anglican.org
Back to Main Menu